Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Health insurance?

My job shut down and I lost my health insurance! I have a pre-existing condition called histoplasmosis. I got health insurance that covered me for 5 doctor visits a year but it won't cover for the tests I have to take on my lungs! Please help me if you know of any insurance that I can get to help me!
--------------------
Did you have a lapse in coverage for more than 60 days? If the answer is no...then you need to send into your new insurance company a HIPAA certificate of crediable coverage..........as long as you had coverage for more than 1 year on the previous policy you won't have pre-existing on your new policy. If your answer was yes....then you will have coverage for your pre-existing medical issues after you've had coverage for 1 year. It's a FEDERAL Mandate that prohibits a company from completely freezing out your medical condition for more than one year. I hope this helps!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment