Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Health insurance?

I've just turned eighteen and I have no health insurance, but I don't have a ton of money to pay for it. I've been having heart problems recently and I'm very afraid that my parents will get stuck with the bill if anything happens, and I don't want to put them in that kind of a situation. I still live at home and the rest of my family is covered, but their insurance declined me because I have a long history of an eating disorder. What is an insurance company that will cover me for maybe something like a student rate?
--------------------
~Move out and go on welfare. I can think of nothing I want to do more than to add your medical bills to my already taxed budget. Or, get the treatment then discharge the bills in bankruptcy so my insurance rates will go up yet again. Yes, your parents could be held accountable. Why not. They raised you. Better they pay than the rest of us. Go on a diet, start taking care of your health, get a job and pay your own way. Society does NOT owe you a living.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment