Monday, November 29, 2010

Can I get approved for health insurance if my medical records show a history of drug use?

I had applied for health insurance after I couldn't stay on my parents' policy and I ended up being denied because of past illegal substance use that was recorded in my medical record. I ended up getting insurance using the COBRA law, but it's pretty pricey. I'm now up for health benefits through my job and I was wondering if there's a chance I'd be denied health insurance through my employer. Anyone with personal experience with something similar?
--------------------
You will not be denied on any group policy. If there are any health concerns that can be traced back to the drug use you may have a waiting period before those conditions will be covered but that will depend upon what those conditions are and the insurance company.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment