Friday, November 26, 2010

Can a hospital refuse a patient without health insurance when the paitent is not pregnant?

I recently lost my job and I do not have health insurance. I have been paying to go to the doctors. I currently can not afford to keep going that route. I have a child that I believes has a U.T.I. I was told by an urgent care worker thru a major hospital that they can not treat her due to no insurance. Is that legal?
--------------------
If you have no form of payment they may not see you...if you try to work something out with them regarding billing (you'll make payments, see if they can give you a discount since you have no coverage, etc) they should see you--I can't imagine any hospital in the US refusing treatment for that reason....
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment