Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where do I look for health insurance after Heart Surgery? Dropped by current provider..?

After having a valve replaced last fall my insurance opted not to renew my policy. I am 63 and currently have a "short term" policy that only can be renewed once and then I am out of luck. Where can I look for coverage? I'd take something even if it excluded my prior condition even though I am now much healtier than I was before the surgery.
--------------------
Your state should have a program for such things. In california it is called Major Risk Medical Insurance Program. The purpose of this is to cover people that insurance companies consider too high risck to cover. You cannot be denied coverage based on a pre-existing condition. I do not kow what state you are in, but you should look into this. You do have to provide a letter proving that you have been denied or dropped by your insurance company.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment