Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Concerning eligibility for Health Insurance?

I had a BMT in 1997 which was successful and I have maintained my health insurance with the same company since then. Now, i am considering retiring and moving. Would that past medical history affect the insurance rate I could get in another place?
--------------------
I don't know if the previous answer's response is correct. The federal government now has passed HIPPA. Ask about it. It stands for Health Insurance Portability Act. If you have a pre-existing condition, you can't be denied or discriminated against if you change insurance companies. Your company gives you a certificate that you have had insurance. Be careful about a period where you're not covered because then you may lose HIPPA protection. Talk to your insurance company. Many operate in several states and can still cover you. Talk to another insurance company and tell them the situation.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment