Friday, July 29, 2011

Short term health insurance for baby?

I need to get health insurance for my 2 month old. I'll only need it for 3 months until my insurance's picks him up Jan. 1st. Anyone know any good companies or policies they've used for something like this? How much was the cost?
--------------------
Unfortunately, because of the health care reform act ALL insurance companies have stopped writing child only policies as of 9/23/10. The only way to get him on a policy is for an adult to be on with him, so you or your spouse also needs to sign up, even if you're going to be double covered for that time period. Also, you need to contact a local agent that works with all of the major companies in your area because every company has lower age limits. In my state those limits range from age 2 weeks to age 6 months with the different companies. Companies do not write policies in all states so any company I may mention may not even be available in your state. Your local agent can find the best policy at the lowest cost; there is no extra charge using an agent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment