Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do you think having no health insurance is playing Russian Roulette with your life?

I am a recent college grad, my job as a graphic designer does not have insurance.. The plan I was covered under my Mom is now $450 a month...... I pay $2,000 a month in rent and that $450 is gonne be alot for me, what should i do? just hope for the best and drink orange juice?
--------------------
Not with your life, but with your money. Health insurance does not insure your health. It protects your money. The #1 reason for bankruptcy in the US is due to unpaid medical bills. What you want it for is that unplanned trip to the ER. Get a good plan, but get a very high deductible. If you go in for some antibiotics or something, paying that bill out of your pocket is likely to be less than what you'll save in premiums with a high deductible policy. Just be sure to start saving a bit so you have a cushion.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment