Sunday, June 5, 2011

My mother is 73, lives in Peru but wants to live here, where do I purchase health insurance for her?

She has diabetes, glaucoma and high blood preasure. She is all by herself in Peru and visits us often. She would move with me if she knew that she has health insurance. My brothers and I can buy one but I do not know where to start. I live in Fl and my brothers live in NY.
--------------------
First, how are you getting her here? As an immediate relative, you can sponsor her for permanent residency, if you are a citizen or a permanent resident yourself. Otherwise she's just a tourist who has outstayed her visa. Once she has that permanent residency, since she is elderly, you should look into the rules for Medicare. Since she is not in the Social Security system, there would be a monthly premium. These are about $300/month from what I am told (not first hand knowledge) Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment