Sunday, June 5, 2011

My husband is 57 and diabetic. If I lose my health insurance at work what should I buy to replace it?

We live in Massachusetts but are thinking of moving to Florida so I will lose my job sponsored coverage. Cobra will be over $1000 per month but we need it, especially the prescription drug coverage.
--------------------
I would look into this very closely before you make that move. Most insurance companies will not cover ANYTHING for a pre-existing condition. Period. My daughter is having the same issues with her heart condition and degrading kidneys. Could you not talk to your company's current insurance carrier, and see if they would allow you to transfer your coverage to a private account when you leave your employment? It is worth the time to ask anyway.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment