Thursday, June 9, 2011

Full time student question for health care insurance coverage?

I'm a 22yr old student receiving health coverage through my parents employer. I registered for 12 credits in the winter semester, but something came up and I withdrew from the semester. I paid all of the credits and didn't receive any tuition back. Right now I'm taking a full schedule worth of summer classes to try to make up for the lack of credits in the winter for insurance. But I was wondering if, on average, insurance is still covered as long as a full semester of courses is PAID for, but no credit is received.
--------------------
I work for an insurance company and I pulled this up from an interal data base of information about Full Time Students. I had to clean it up a little so you can understand it! Full Time Student (FTS) Criteria: Eligible children within age limit who are full time students carrying a minimum of 12 hrs/credits or four academic courses per semester at a licensed and/or accredited institution of higher learning. Without FTS rider,(purchased by parents employers) dependent is still covered to maximum age limt as long as full time student. Sometimes with the rider you can stay on the policy until 26. HN (My insurance company I work for) base contracts states mbr is covered as a full time student until the age of 23 with FTS verification. Riders can extend that age. I hope this helps!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment