Friday, June 24, 2011

Can someone please tell me about the Obama health insurance plan this November? I'm new to this.?

My dad told me about a plan starting in November that allows children onto their parent's health insurance. This is important to me because I was planning on getting a rhinoplasty to fix my deviated septum as soon as it is possible, which would be covered by insurance. How does this all work? When does this plan start and how long after I am on it can I use it and get the surgery? Also, does anyone have any information on how insurance for rhinoplasties work?
--------------------
First off - you don't repair a deviated septum with a rhinoplasty. The surgery to repair a deviated septum does NOT change the appearance of your nose in any way. They go in through your nostril and repair the septum. They then put splints inside your nose. The splints are not visible to someone just looking at you. You keep those in for about a week. They they remove them. Insurance will not pay for a rhinoplasty to repair your deviated septum. The surgery to repair a deviated septum is called a septoplasty. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/repai… In order for it to be covered by insurance- you go see an ENT. The dr will examine you and may want a CT scan. If the blockage is bad enough, he then notifies the health insurance and gets approval for the surgery. You want to make sure the hospital the ENT uses and the anesthesiologist are also on your health plan. You will have to pay your deductible and co-pays.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment