Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Should I put my husband on my dental/health insurance if he already has his own insurance? Does it matter if?

we are on each others insurance? He says it doesn't cost him anything for his so why should he cancel it. I just don't want some big discrepancy between the insurance companies when there is a claim to be paid.
--------------------
Dual insurance is a great option to have. It doesn't take much to use up your entire years maximum. I have dual insurance and used up my maximum on both plans this year and still ended up having to pay nearly $2000 out of pocket. (3 root canals and 2 fillings) I still haven't been billed for the crowns yet which will be another $3000 out of pocket. So I recommend stay on the safe side for the minimal expense and get the dual coverage. Edit: You only need one health plan for coverage, but I'd stick with the dual dental. Its cheap.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment