Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Question for people who have any benefits like health insurance at work.?

I have joined up with a company to offer a benefit to all employees at any company who has employees. I would like to know what works best to get the appointment with the owner to to go over what I have to offer. Is cold calling each company the best way or is going to see each company in person the best way to get the appointment to show what I have? I don't want to waste time or reinvent the wheel so thats why I am asking you good people... Thanks in advance.
--------------------
I've been in the business for 20 years. The best way is go canvassing. Choose an area where its commercial, one business next to the other one. The receptionist who greets you is the person you need to focus on because she/he will be the one to tear up your business card or give it to the owner. You will be surprised how some people appreciate your spontanity and honesty. I take charge at all times with respect and self confidence. The other person can always sense that you are there to help and who does not want help? The pitch that has worked for me is: "I am sorry I was not able to meet with your boss earlier but I am sure he will understand, is he available now, I'm sorry what's his name?" If you are in luck and you meet the owner, don't ever sound as if you are selling anything, just say "I am the groups representative for this area and my job is to provide you with different options you might consider for your employees when your present group insurance comes up for renewal. My goal is not only to save you premium dollars but to give you more benefits for your money, does that sound reasonable to you? I just need to know the person in charge of employee benefits and I will forward this information for future reference". If you can get that name and the email address, you have an 80% to make a future sale. Email that person the same day and get all the information as far as the census (gender, age and dependents). You take it from there.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment