Friday, May 27, 2011

How do I switch from one health insurance company to another?

I want to switch from Aetna to Blue Cross, will I have any penalties for doing so, and how soon will I be active with Blue Cross if I sign up today
--------------------
There really isn't any such thing as a pentalty for switching health insurance companies. You simply have to set up a plan, pay your premium and you're insured. Many people get health insurance at a significant discount through their employers. I'm assuming that you are not going through your job to get health insurance and you are paying the full premium yourself. I don't know much about Aetna- but I can tell you that Blue Cross is very good insurance- and therefore very expensive. That saying- you get what you pay for..... it's true. I would simply call blue cross, or go online to www.bluecross.com and fill out the sales inquiry form. From there you should be able to recieve a quote and talk to a representative about the difference in coverage and price. If you decide that you do want to make the switch from Aetna to Blue Cross.... simply cancel your Aetna insurance and begin a policy with Blue Cross. Just make sure you set it up so your new coverage begins right away- so you don't have a lapse in coverage. I've included a Blue Cross website link where you can request a quote.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment