Thursday, April 21, 2011

What are my options for short-term health insurance in NY?

My grad-school insurance runs out tomorrow (8/20), and my work insurance won't kick in until Sept. 1. I figured I could sign up for short-term insurance in the interim, but now, admittedly at the last minute, I discover New York State doesn't offer short-term insurance. Can I sign up in another state? My parents live in Washington State, and my grandma lives in NJ. I could use either of their addresses. Will it work? What are my other options?
--------------------
Speak with a local agent that is independent and can help you search multiple companies. Be sure that you compare quotes from at least 3 different companies. Here is some more information on New York health insurance:
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment