Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where do I go to apply for state provided health insurance in Orgeon?

I've recently found myself without insurance and I'm fairly certain that my income qualifies me for the programs offered. I live in St. Johns in Portland OR. I also think I could qualify for SSI and for an Oregon Trail Card(food stamps for anyone who doesn't live in OR). I'm not trying to take advantage of the government or the system, I'm just trying to feed my family and give us clothes to wear so any help on where to go or what to do would help.
--------------------
One place to start is with DHS (the Department of Health Services). They are the administrators for the Oregon Health Plan that you asked about. They have their eligibility posted on their website. For other help with where to go, starting here should get you started on finding out about what's available from the state. For local servies, I would recommend posting a question under travel >U.S. > Portland as there will probably be locals that could help with local resources.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment