Saturday, March 12, 2011

When it comes to health insurance, should you go with the lowest deductible?

My husband and I are both in school and he works part time, I work full time. Im setting up my benefits, but I dont know what to do about the medical stuff. We are trying to save money (school expenses) so what would be the best to go with? We dont visit the doctors often, however its nice to have the insurance if an accident happens or sicknesses. What do you think? How can we get good coverage but not pay a fortune?
--------------------
I am like you, I rarely (if ever) go to the doctor, however I also do not want to be liable for the rest of my life financially should something happen and land me in the hospital. I actually risked it and couldn't afford insurance for quite some time, then I found Ameriplan which isn't insurance but actually a discount health plan organization which I have been with for 2 years now. You can take a look at the plans, etc. at http://www.mybenefitsplus.com/cberney I have since also enrolled with a high deductible insurance plan which keeps my monthly fees lower and yet is in place should something major come along. You can find plans with deductibles around $5000-10,000 and granted it won't really come into play except for something huge, but I use the Ameriplan discounts along side with it all throughout the year for any doctors appointments I may need or even dental cleanings, etc. Hopefully this will help you out a bit and let me know if there is anything else you would like to know and I will see if I can help at all. Good Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment