Saturday, March 12, 2011

I am a 22-year-old poor college student, do I qualify for any free health insurance?

I am in college so naturally I am broke. I have no health insurance because I cannot afford it and my parents cannot afford it for me either. I can't get on my parents insurance because they don't have any plus I would be too old anyway. I have looked into Medicaid but it only covers children, the elderly, and pregnant women but I am none of these. Is there any kind of help out there for young, single people?
--------------------
Lots of people your age end up in this situation, but you have options. First, if you parents had health insurance and you were a full time student, there is an excellent chance you would qualify to be added as a dependent on their plan. You should also check to see what kind of health program your university offers. Some universities have health plans you can sign up for when you apply for classes. Another idea is to call a licensed agent to discuss what options you might have in the insurance. eHealthInsurance.com, where I work, allows you to look at a broad range of health plans in your area. All you have to do is enter your zip code, birthday and gender and you will instantly see several plans and their rates and benefits. We also have licensed agents available through our toll free number: 1-800-977-8860. If you still can't find a plan that fits your budget, visit coverageforall.org. Their site summarizes public assistance programs across the US as well as each program's eligibility requirements. Hope that helped! Amir M, licensed agent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment