Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's a good health insurance company for lower middle class Americans?

Since my parents dread paying for insurance, I guess I'll have to pay for it myself. I earn an average of $150 per pay check since I don't work much because of school. What's a good company for my situation? People have recommended Blue Cross Blue Shield but I like more options.
--------------------
It depends on where you live. Not all companies offer individual insurance in every state, and each company offers a variety of different plans. Some have higher deductibles and co-payments than others. You can check http://www.ehealthinsurance.com to see what plans are available where you live, and how much they cost. Be aware that any health insurance you buy will probably eat up a large chunk of your $150 paycheck. You also said you're in school. If by "school" you mean college, you should first check to see whether any student health insurance is available through your school. If so, that might be a more economical choice for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment