Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is it possible to keep a prescription after losing your health insurance?

I am 18 and turning 19 in April (4 monthes). When I turn 19 I will no longer be on my parents insurance. If I already have been seeing a doctor and getting a prescription is it possible to keep renewing the prescription without seeing the doctor so I don't have to pay for the visit, or even with seeing the doctor, then just paying for the prescription myself without insurance?
--------------------
It depends on a few things. What the prescription is for and how flexible your doctor is willing to be. If it is a controlled substance that must be monitored closely, your doctor may be unwilling or unable to let you go more than a few months without a follow up visit. If it is something like allergy medication, then more than likely they will let more time go between visits. Just be honest and ask your doctor about it, they will let you know what options you have.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment