Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What health insurance will cover getting rid of a birthmark?

If it will, how can I find out insurance information for my family without asking my dad (I'm 19 and I'm under his plan beacuse I'm student and I still live at home) I have a birthmark that Im trying to get rid of, Ive been asking around clinics/spas ect. and they reffed me to a dermatologist, i called one up and they asked about my insurance beacuse they might be able to cover it. Im trying to do this under my parents noise beacuse we tried to get it removed when I was a kid but I didin't work so I kind of just gave up for a few years, (It was 12 years ago, i am now 19) I think it might be possible now a days, Its not that big ive been doing some research and I think its called a Cafe au lait spot I think either Microdermabrasion or a chemical peel could help me. Ive been trying to keep it a secret but I don't have any money, so if my parents insurance could cover it It would really be great. My birthday is next month (Sept 28) and If I got it all checked out enough to where I could get a treatment to get rid of it I was gonna try to ask for it for my birthday Its a brown patch on my face, its really been hindering my life. phycologicly, its not doing any harm physically, its purely cosmetic
--------------------
I'm sorry you have this situation and on your face too. I am sure this is very upsetting for you especially at your age. Insurance coverage for cosmetic procedures is extremely rare to impossible. Start saving your pennies, my friend and perhaps for your 21st birthday you can give yourself a birthday present. In the meanwhile I am sure you are still beautiful to other people.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment