Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I need a health insurance that covers pre-existing conditions? My work doesn't offer insurance.?

I'm a healthy person but I need depression and anxiety medication. I need a health insurance that can help me out with the costs of my medication and my office visits. I also have a regular doctor I need to go to for some side effects that my medicine causes me. I just have no idea what health insurance to get.
--------------------
Depending on your state, health history and the policy you purchase, insurance will normally exclude pre-existing conditions for up to 12 months. This is regulated under HIPAA (Health Insurance and Accountability Act). See the link below for more details. Insurance is a good idea to have although it can be expensive. There are plans with really high deductibles and a lot of out of pocket expenses, but with a low premiums and sometimes free preventative services. Some also have office visits for a flat rate if you use a plan provider. Check with a local agent in your area for options.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment