Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How do I get health insurance in Natal Brazil?

My partner and I are moving to Natal and his family is there and they use Unimed. I would like to get a health coverage plan that includes the cost of medication. Thank you
--------------------
In Brazil, as far as I know (and I'm Brazilian who lives in Brazil), all the health coverages do not include medication. When you arrive in Brazil and get yourself a fixed address, you contact the agent of the health insurance you want. This agent will go to your house and you'll sign a contract with them. They will ask you for a proof that you live there, like a telephone bill, so that's why you have to settle in first. Ask the help of your family in Natal so you can chose the best coverage for you. After you chose a health care plan and sign their contract you'll pay its monthly bills which are a fixed price. I have Amil. I could chose if I wanted a cheap fixed price but with less options (but still suficient and include all specialities plus dental), or more expensive plans with many more options. I pay a fixed price every 10th day of the month and don't have to worry how much exams and consultations cost or how often I go to the doctor. It's great, but as I said, medication isn't included and I've done my share of reaserch cause I changed my health care plan a couple of months ago. Unimed is one of the biggest health insurances in the country. I'm not sure which other health care are found in Natal. In Brazil, even if you have a private health care you can always go to a public hospital if you need to, and they are always free of charge. You might also check if the company your husband works for includes a health insurance plan for the family. Many companies use Bradesco which is one of the best.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment