Saturday, March 26, 2011

How do I get my dads health insurance to drop me so I can be accepted for another?

I am 17 and I am pregnant. I am trying to go through my doctors apointments on medicade but can't because I am already on my dads insurance. (bluecross/bluesheild) I need blue cross to drop me, but they won't because I'm under age. Is there a way around it? because I really can't afford the fee and deductable for blue cross.
--------------------
If you get married, you automatically get dropped off his policy. Besides that, you - and he - have to wait for open enrollment to come around, before you can be dropped. You should probably try to see if there's a Gabriel Project near you - www.gabrielproject.org . . . at 17, being pregnant . .. the fee and deductible is the LEAST of your problems.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment