Wednesday, March 2, 2011

health insurance carriers that accept applicants with a mental health history?

I have never lapsed in insurance, but have a history of depression and was diagnosed with OCD around 10 years old. I currently am paying 500+ dollars per month to be on my husband's policy he gets through work, so I am looking at cheaper options. I was denied before by Anthem because of my mental health history, so I got discouraged and stopped looking, but $500 is a lot of money to pay for insurance! Any input would be appreciated :)
--------------------
$500 is pretty cheap, with a history of depression. Obviously, you can shop around by talking to a local agent or broker, but you're probably not going to find anyone else willing to take you - even assuming the rest of your health is PERFECT, and you're not overweight. If you lived in a state that was required to offer you coverage, you would have received MUCH higher quotes.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment