Friday, February 25, 2011

How much does health insurance cost?

I'm trying to get benefits started with my friend's budding business, but she's broke, and the more I'm looking into benefits, the more I'm learning. Like how my health insurance comes out of her pocket, for the most part, through an employee benefits plan. And she can't afford that until her company takes off. So my question is, as an individual, how much would health insurance cost me, myself, a month versus how much would it cost me through employee benefits?
--------------------
If you are 20 and perfectly healthy, and not overweight, with nothing wrong, and no maintenance meds, without materntiy benefits, in Pennsylvania for example, a good low/no deductible comprehensive policy will cost you around $225 a month. For group plans, with maternity, if the employer pays half, it will usually cost you around $200 a month for the same level of coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment