Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How do you get health insurance with a pre exisisting condition?

The company I work for does not offer insurance but will pay for an individual plan. I have a bone disease and walk with crutches but have not needed any medical treatment for this for over 15 years. However, I am still denied for an individual policy. I live in Ohio and need some advice here.
--------------------
I don't know if Ohio has a state sponsored high risk plan - I suspect not - but if not, you can't get insurance. I'd go to your employer, and tell them you're not eligible for coverage due to pre-existing conditions - and ask them to throw that $300 a month into your paycheck instead. I'd ALSO seriously think about switching jobs. Yes, any group plan will exclude your condition for 18 months, but cover other stuff - and after the 18 months, you've got regular coverage, including the bone disease.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment