Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Can someone please explain how health insurance works to me?

Ok, I realize this question shows how ignorant I am about the real world, so I'm embarrassed but I have to be honest: I have no idea how health insurance works other than that it covers certain medical expenses! I'm just getting out of college so I am not used to having to deal with this. I know you pay a monthly fee, but what is a deductible? How does this work? For example, say a company charges $50/month with a $2,500 deductible fee...when would I have to pay the $2,500, if ever? I need the most affordable health insurance possible... I am really struggling with money at the moment. I am a U.S. citizen with a very very good health record. 22 yrs old and non-smoker. I plan to travel to Canada (Montréal) and live there for about 6 months after I graduate. If I get health insurance in the U.S., will this cover me in Canada as well? Thank you for any info, it will really help me out a lot!
--------------------
General Research Guides for health: Easy to use links that will help with all your research needs, try typing a keyword or two into the search engine and see what happens. %http://www.healthalizer.com% is a health related search engine and %http://www.searchtopica.com% is a general search engine that relays results from all other search engines. You can find way better information by searching this way. Hope it helps :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment