Friday, January 28, 2011

Will an unpaid emergency room bill keep me from being able to buy health insurance, OR hurt my credit rating?

I have an emergency room bill which I have not yet paid and I'm wondering if it will keep me from being able to buy a health insurance policy and if the unpaid bill hurts my credit rating. The letters they send says it will hurt my credit rating, but most people tell me they're just trying to scare me and that ER bills don't hurt your credit rating. Anybody here know for SURE?
--------------------
Yes, eventually that unpaid medical bill will go into collections, and it CAN hurt your credit rating. It will have no bearing on you getting health insurance, though. Try this site http://top-usa-health-insurance-comparator.blogspot.com/ Here you can get quotes from different health insurance companies in your area, its the best way to find an affordable insurance with a reliable company.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment