Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My parents dont have health insurance and they are in their 50s. Is there a way to put them on my policy?

I am their daughter and live at home. I am 22 years old and wanted to see if there was ANY way I can get them insurance on my policy or any kind of cheap health insurance of any kind.
--------------------
No, you can't add your parents to your health policy. There IS NOT cheap health insurance if you're in your 50's, besides welfare health insurance - medicare if you're on SSDI, or medicaid if you're low income. They can try something like Medi-Share, a non-insurance cost sharing program (www.medi-share.org), or you can buy health insurance starting around $400 per month, each, if they're in good health. To cut the premiums, you raise deductibles - how much they pay out of pocket, before the insurance kicks in.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment