Saturday, January 29, 2011

I don't mean to sound stupid hear, but I need some advice on health insurance?

I'm looking to buy some health insurance, but I don't know what everything is. So a few questions, plain english answers please. 1. I know that a deductible is the portion an insurance company won't pay. So my question is this, Do I have to pay the entire deductible out of pocket before my insurance will cover anything? 2. Coinsurance is where I pay a portion and they pay a portion, but what if it says the percent is zero, does that mean I pay nothing besides my deductible?
--------------------
Yep. Deductible is what you must pay yourself, before the insurance company pays anything. Coinsurance is when you and the insurer pay a % of the cost (you pay 30%, they pay 70% for example). If it does say 0% coinsurance, that means that you pay nothing after the deductible (besides copays etc)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment