Saturday, January 29, 2011

Denied health insurance now asking for HIPAA and Premium, can someone help?

I applied for health insurance at kaiser permanente because I left my last job in July and now have no health insurance. They denied me due to a pre-existing condition, but then I got a letter in the mail saying that if I provide $491 and a HIPAA certificate showing that I have had 18 months of continuous coverage then I can enroll. The problem is not the money, it's the hipaa certificate. If I haev not had insurance between July & now (october) then I cannot get certified right? What the heck can I do then to get full insurance? I have looked into short-term insurance but I really would like full coverage, and I am not sure if signing up for short-term insurance will do something to my HIPAA rights?
--------------------
The HIPPA certificate is provided by your last insurance plan. They are offering you COBRA but you must sign up within 63 days from when your last policy ended. The short term policy will void the COBRA (HIPAA) rights but since we are over the 63 they are voided already.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment