Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Will my Health Insurance sue the father of my baby for pregnancy-related expenses?

I am 7 months pregnant, and my partner and I are not married for complicated reasons and will not be married when the baby is born. I recently heard that my insurance company might sue him for medical expenses related to the pregnancy (he doesn't have health insurance). Is this true? Has this happened to any of you?
--------------------
They can't. He isn't the patient and has no financial responsibility to your medical needs in your pregnancy. I mean what would it matter if you were married or not? If you were married, then still couldn't make him pay for expenses...that's what insurance is for!!! You pay the monthly premium and they pay for everything else. You insurance is full of it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment