Friday, November 19, 2010

What happens to my health insurance through COBRA if I move out of state?

If I am using COBRA to maintain my Blue Shield of CA health insurance in CA and I move to Washington, will I be able to transfer my health coverage to a Blue Shield in Washington and continue to use COBRA, or will I lose my health insurance all together?
--------------------
The majority of the time, your insurance is not good in another state/country, unless you are seeking emergency services. Anything else such as, physicals, consultations, etc. would not be covered. I strongly recommend that you contact Blue Shield and ask if you are able to transfer medical services in Washington and still be covered. . .It won't take that long. . .I promise. This way you will know for sure. Hope this helps. . .
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment