Saturday, November 6, 2010

What are my options for health insurance with a minimum wage job?

I just graduated from college and working the same minimum wage while looking for a new job. I have no health insurance and can't afford anything too much. What options are there that won't hurt my financial income?
--------------------
I found an insurance plan I like. I am healthy so I did not need a 0 deductible plan. I also don't mind paying out of my pocket for small things like a doctors visit. I found Blue Cross/Shield plan. Deductible was 3,400 / year. That means that the first 3,400 dollars came out of my pocket. Please note - I am very healthy, and never go to the doctor. I just wanted insurance in case something catastrophic happened to me like cancer. This plan costs lesss than a 1,000 dollars / year - yes a year! If you go for this kind of plan, make sure you put the 3,400 in a savings account. /
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment