Monday, November 22, 2010

How many people have been hurt fighting against health care reform and had their health insurance claim denied?

Wouldn't that be very appropriate for someone to literally get physically hurt fighting for the health insurance companies only to find out that when they filed their claim to the insurance company their claim would be denied ? It's not as far fetched as you might think.
--------------------
Well at least with a private company, you can fire them if they don't deliver on their promises. I was injured fighting for my country. I'm a 100% service-connected disabled veteran. My country promised that they would take care of my health if I risked my life for it. Now that I'm disabled I find that those promises are completely worthless. The VA delays, deflects, and denies treatment to disabled veterans. I have faced blanket denials, long delays, refusal to provide medication, treatment, or tests. Refusal to pay any and all health care costs in the private sector, which they promised would be covered. How much more degrading is it to give everything you have to your country, and then find that they have no intention of keeping the promises made? No, its not far-fetched at all. I have "free" health care. It is worse than having nothing. Unkept promises do more damage than promising nothing at all. At least when people know they are on their own they can make arrangements for their care. To be promised care that is never delivered keeps people clinging to hope until they die from neglect from those that they trusted.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment