Saturday, August 27, 2011

Question about health insurance copayments?

My insurance company has raised my prescription copayments to approximately 80% of the total cost. I think that this is ridiculous. Especially since I used to pay much less in the recent past. I'd like to hear from people who are knowledgeable about prescriptions and insurance companies who may have suggestions as to how I can go about getting my copayment reduced, if that is possible. Polite, sincere, constructive, relevant answers only please.
--------------------
Is it private insurance or through an employer? If it is through an employer, I would speak to the Human Resource Dept or whichever department is in charge of health care benefits at your company. They would be able to offer you an explanation to the increase in copays as well as information on how you can go about changing it if it is possible. If it is a private insurance company, I would call the company directly and also ask for an explanation. They will also be able to tell you how to go about changing your policy to lower the copays. Is it Medicare Part D? If so, you can check http://www.medicare.gov which will help you find prescription drug coverage that will better meet your needs. You can also call 1-800-MEDICARE . Open enrollment ends soon, so you only have a few more weeks to switch your plan if you have Medicare Part D.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment