Friday, August 19, 2011

I have been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. I do not have health insurance. Will I be able to get insurance?

I recently been diagnosed with Stage 2 Thyroid Cancer. I have been advised to have my Thyroid removed. I was laid off from my job in Oct 2008 and have no insurance or job. What are my chances of getting coverage of the surgery since this now a pre-existing condition (it has been diagnosed as cancer)? I have some money saved up but nowhere close to the cost of the surgery. Should I just consider Medicaid or move to Canada? Thanks...
--------------------
Try your local university hospital. They offer lots of programs for cancer victims with no insurance. My husband dealt with stage 2 thyroid cancer last year and thank goodness it is one of the easiest to go through. Once your thyroid has been removed you will be put on a thyroid medicine, probably levothyroxine. You will be fine as long as you get moving on getting it removed. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment