Saturday, August 13, 2011

For any one who has had lap banding sugery what private health insurance did you have?

Australia only thanks!
--------------------
I am a lap band patient. I had been obese since the 4th grade and started having health problems at the age of twenty. At the time of the surgery, I was taking seven different medications and realized that surgery was my last resort to stay alive. When I decided that surgery was the way to go, my next step was finding someone who specialized in not just surgical options and procedures, but who truly understood obesity. That meant understanding its very nature—from its origin, its progression, and its effects physically and emotionally, I didn't want just any doctor who could and would perform the surgery. I wanted the right doctor. I came across Forerunners Healthcare Consultants website and learned about the surgery and their associated doctors. I remember I already had the information printed out and in hand when I approached my mom and told her, 'I want to have surgery. To anyone contemplating having surgery I would say it was the best decision I ever made for myself. I feel blessed to come across Forerunners Healthcare Consultants and to undergoing the procedure literally saved my life because, with the path I was on, I may not have lived to see 35 or 40. I found Forerunners Healthcare Consultants and I credit them with being the vessel that God used to save my life. You don't realize how people treat overweight people until your body shrinks...its amazing! People are more friendly and social and I am able to enjoy them because of my new confidence. So, it really depends on how well you can change and control your eating habits, and whether you are willing to take the extra risks involved with the surgery. There's more info here http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment