Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adding stepson to health insurance policy?

My husband is court ordered to have health insurance for his son, but my insurance is better and cheaper. I just found out that I can carry my stepson under my plan, but I currently have a 3 year restraining order against the boy's mother. Would she be able to find out any personal information about me, e.g., my employer's name/address, who's my doctor, etc? I can just imagine how far she will try to go to get anything on me. Thanks!
--------------------
If she still has any legal custody she has the right to know about her sons medical conditon and his doctor. Due to HIPPA she can not find out any medical information about you. She will have to have information about his insurance carrier and his policy, and thats the only way I could think she could possibly find out where you work though I see no reason why she would. But beyond that. No she can't find out who your doctor is or any conditions you may or maynot have
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment