Sunday, July 24, 2011

Who knows a GOOD Pet Health Insurance company?

My Bulldog has had some hind leg problems and I want to buy coverage before more problems develope.
--------------------
I have VPI, Veterinary Pet Insurance. It has been very helpful for one of my dogs, who has had many health issues over the past several years. It does not pay all the costs, but it helps with just about everything. There is a $50 deductible per illness. They have limits and so you will pay the difference out of pocket. How much you pay out of pocket depends on how expensive your vet is. I have the Premium coverage and would recommend that. In my experience, most vets want their money at the time of service, are not willing to reduce costs of take payments. My vets demand payment at the time of service, then VPI reimburses me for at least part of the costs. If you have a more agreeable vet, you can have the insurance paid directly to them and then pay the balance later. I wouldn't be without it! You never know when you will need it. My one dog has cost a fortune in vet bills and it has been very helpful to have the insurance. Additionally, I am finding that when faced with long term medications, I can save money by searching the web for sources other than my vet's office.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment