Saturday, July 9, 2011

What is the best/cheapest health insurance. I am very healthy and mainly need "Emergency Coverage"?

I am working as a private contractor and need coverage for the next 6- 8 months before starting new job with coverage. I am healthy and don't need any medications. I am mostly concerned about getting into an accident and huge hospital bills. Or if I get pregnant (we are waiting but sometimes things happen!) Also, my best friend is in the same situation- can we share a policy?
--------------------
When it comes to health insurance cheap and best will not be in the same sentences. You need to look up the companies that provide insurance in your area and read the fine print. It is not going to be cheap to get a good insurance for medical emergencies. In this day and age there is no reason for an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. You would also need to get coverage for that and make sure that the little one would be covered. Some states still allow insurance companies to avoid covering pre-existing conditions and I am not sure if pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition. How long do you have to work before you can start using insurance benefits? You may have to pay for insurance longer than you thought. Most states only allow you to share a policy if you are married, immediate family member, or a domestic parnter.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment