Saturday, July 9, 2011

Health Insurance: Coverage in Canada as a US citizen?

I am currently a full time university student under my parents' health insurance plan. As soon as I graduate this semester, I will have to purchase my own health insurance. I plan to move to Canada (Montréal) to live for 6 months and search for a job there. Since I am a U.S. citizen, I will not receive free health insurance in Canada. My questions: 1) What is a good low-cost health insurance company? 2) If I purchase my health insurance through a US company, will it cover me while I am in Canada? I have a very good medical history. No past problems, am a nonsmoker, not married. Thanks for any info!
--------------------
I would check with Canadian insurers as mentioned and also with an international health insurance provider like www.piu.org. The international plans are reimbursement only, and probably not what you are looking for.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment