Monday, July 25, 2011

What do you think of Obama's ideas about health insurance? Agree or Disagree and why?

Serious answers please!
--------------------
I live in Massachusetts, and we just recently instituted Mandatory Health Care Coverage for ALL state residents. They way it works is, if you already have full coverage, you are all set and don't need to do anything. But if you don't have full coverage, or if you have no coverage at all, the state provides coverage for you. The thing people need to realize is that universal health care is not about "welfare cases". There are many people who are employed or who are in school who, because of technical reasons, are not eligibile for coverage through their schools or places of employment. I, for instance, am one of those people. I am a struggling student in Boston who works part time. I live on my own and am paying my own way through school. Because I don't go to school full time, I am not eligible for health insurance through my college. Because I am only a part-time/per diem hospital employee, I am not eligible for health insurance through my job. I work at a major metropolitan hospital, but if I got hurt or sick, I didn't have the coverage to be treated there! But now, I do, thanks to the state's health care coverage program. This health care program is very similar to the one that Obama is proposing. It will help subscribers who have to pay for health insurance, by decreasing the demand for coverage, and thus, lowering the cost of insurance payments. And it will help families and individuals who have no insurance, to finally get some. The cost involved, as reflected in state tax would be barely noticeable. If the funding for this program was taken out of money that is being spent in other areas (ie.: the War), there may not even be a need to increase taxes in order to institute and maintain the program. And, as a result, a major step in social reform, and American progress, would be achieved. The reason many financial conservatives are against it, is because it makes a formerly lucrative business opportunity (insurance companies, pharmaceutical industries) decidedly less lucrative for investors. Oh, they say it's because they are opposed to raising the taxes, but really . . . yeah, it's all about big business.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment