Monday, July 25, 2011

Can anybody suggest a good pet health insurance?

Hi I am looking for some good vet insurance for my cat. I am low income and I want to. take my cat to the vet but can't afford it. I don't mind paying a monthly fee as long as it's affordable. I need one that will help pay the vet exam and etc. Thanks
--------------------
Check into Trupanion. I have my dog insured with them and it's a decent price and I know cats are even cheaper. You can also choose your own deductible from $0-1000 (which adjusts the premium) so you can make it fit your budget. They don't limit you per claim or per year (LOTS of companies do) but instead, they have a $20,000 lifetime limit. They also pay 90% of the actual bill, no benefits/fee schedules. Keep in mind that adding "routine coverage" (checkups/exams etc.) to your plan makes your monthly premium more expensive, so you are essentially just paying for your checkups through the premiums. Often, the insurance company charges a little extra to provide this service, so you're usually losing money. It's best to pay that stuff out of pocket and leave the insurance for accidents and illnesses. A good place to start learning about different companies is petinsurancereview.com Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment