Thursday, July 14, 2011

What do you pay in health insurance for your family?

Just curious, I pay about $42 a week for a family of four, it covers everything but contraceptives, at least that's all i have come across that it doesn't cover.
--------------------
For our family of four its about $720 a month. This includes dental (one free cleaning per year, and tiered coverage). No vision is offered. Instead we have a Benny card that you use for medical needs and pay no tax --- just have to keep all receipts in case they want those later. We have a $15 co-pay for everything. ER visits are not included though. We have an individual deductible of $1200 per year. And, after that they pay up to 80%. I had surgery last year and we had just switched insurance so I got a bill w/o insurance for $11,470 when I had my gallbladder out. After the insurance company did their thing we ended up paying just over $1,000 to the hospital. Of course, each individual doctor and radiologist had a bill...that was about $600. For my delivery last time (pit and cervadil and epi) it was $6,000 in total. We paid just over $600. For prenatal I pay the first co pay of $15 - then no more for the remainder of my pregnancy. My perscription prenantals are $12.15 per month. All scripts are tiered out. And, generics are given automatically unless your doc specifically writes it on your script. But...because its tiered you pay more.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment