Friday, July 15, 2011

I paid premiums on my health insurance, this amount is in my box 12a, but they coded it as W. Is this right?

The way that I understand it, box 12a with a code of W is for a health savings plan, so this would not be the right code for health insurance premiums that were paid in. Am I correct and does anyone know what code the health insurance premiums should be?
--------------------
health insurance premiums are usually reported in box 14 for information. 12A coded W is for your health savings, this would be a high deductible plan. If you receive a 100SA for a distribution from this plan,you are required to use it for medical expenses or it will become taxable. Christine EA Master Tax Advisor This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment