Sunday, July 10, 2011

I have pink eye but no health insurance, what should i do?

I want to see a doctor but I don't have any disposable income. I barely get by as it is. My eye is pink and my vision is blurring off and on though. I don't know what I should do ? Should I be worried, will it heal itself or do I need antibiotics?
--------------------
Hard to say, I think it is possible that it could heal itself. I don't know about blurring vision either. Is the eye kind of sore? Does it drain a lot? Do you wake up with it stuck shut because of the dried drainage? I know it sounds gross but these are characteristics of pink eye. I have had a light case that went away by itself but I've had bad cases the did require antibiotic drops. I don't remember having blurred vision but with excess drainage I'm sure that could be likely. I don't think you'll go blind from it but I'm not a doctor either. I would say just watch it and if it seems to get worse and not better over the next day or two then you should go in. If you have a doctor that you've seen before they may be willing to call you in a prescription for some eye drops if you explain that you just can't make it in. Even without insurance I don't think the drops are too pricey; I'd say $20 or less.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment