Thursday, June 16, 2011

What is the point of having health insurance in the United States?

If you get sick, they'll just turn down your claims anyway, then drop your policy. I'm starting to think it doesn't matter, why go to the expense?
--------------------
Dude, I totally know what you mean. Even though my employer provides us with insurance, I find the quality of it (Humana) to be lousy for so much money that they're getting paid in our premiums. Coincidentally, those premiums rise every year and nothing else improves. When you go to the doctor and show your insurance card, you'd think you'd be covered. Wrong! I found out the hard way that you'd better ask if the insurance will cover the procedure. Last year I wound up $900 short b/c I had to pay for the mammogram I had done when I found a cyst. The bastards won't cover it if you're under like 30 or 35 years old. Why should I have even bothered having insurance when I could just walk into County General and get my titz looked at for free? Oh, and to Connor G, you're completely clueless. Fuzzy isn't an uneducated, unemployed freeloader, so get your facts straight before making false accusations.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment